Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy US T-Day!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! (American Thanksgiving that is.) The question has come my way, and I probably wondered before moving here as well – Do Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving? The answer is yes, but they celebrate back in October for some reason. I’m still a bit confused as to why they celebrate earlier, or why they celebrate at all really, but… The best explanation I've ever gotten was that since it’s generally colder up here their harvest season ends earlier, hence the need to celebrate this food feast of a holiday earlier in the year. I suppose there’s some logic to that, and hey, why complain about a delicious feast of food?! Yes, they do the whole turkey and gravy spread here too! J And yes again, I got my turkey grub on back in October, and I plan to do so again this weekend!

I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful day of giving thanks to all those around you. In the recent past, in the wake of friends losing loved ones, I’ve been given even more reason to take a moment and think about everyone important in my life and who I’m thankful for and who I couldn’t imagine living without. I hope you do the same, and then tell them!

Lots of love from way up north!

Liza

No comments:

Post a Comment