Winter is here! Snow has fallen, even a bit in the city, and I've put my snowboard back into action. Amazingly, I remember how to do it from last season. Truly, amazing! I was fairly certain I'd forgotten everything I learned last season. I can't say that I'm a pro, by ANY means, but I did manage a blue run my first day out this year, which last year was a major accomplishment by my last day (thanks J&J). Regardless, boarding season has begun (YAY!!), and night skiing opened up tonight. Thank you Carmel (or shall I say "Sexah!") for joining me, and most of all, helping me navigate through the foggiest driving I've EVER been in, and hope to EVER be in again. That was scary. But then again, so was the first ride up the chair lift! Glad it turned out to be good once we got on the snow. Can't wait for many Many MANY more snow days to come... Snowboarding after a day of work just might be the best thing imaginable! There really is something so freeing from driving across that Lions Gate Bridge, getting on the hill in under 30 minutes, and then having the peaceful quiet of snow all to yourself. Ahh...bliss, total bliss. ...Maybe next time there'll be just a bit of a view looking back on the city :)
Happy Winter to all!
(Photo: Melanie & Me on Cypress Day #1, Mel's first day snowboarding ever!)

No comments:
Post a Comment