![]() |
| Golden Gate Bridge shot |
YVR to SFO smooth. Transition in SFO unexpectedly
busy. It included transferring
from Terminal A to Terminal 3 (yes, it involved a train) and passing through
security, again. It helped to ask
for the fast lane through security, really truly. Although the security manager guy was a touch scary, he did
lead me silently to the “short line.”
Passed through security quickly, just to end up leaving SFO 45min late. Go figure. Oh well. I’m on the plane now and listening to some amazing Gloria
Estafan (I think) on the airplane audio (I swear).
I’ve been anxiously awaiting this
trip for some time now.
Admittedly, it’s not a cheap trip back east being around the Memorial
Day weekend (following the long weekend in Canada last weekend for Victoria
Day), but it does allow me to both be a part of two weddings and enjoy some
warm Spring temperatures for a week!
Oh boy, “Footloose” just came on
the airplane audio. Quality.
Susie Samet is getting hitched
and I’ll attend her rehearsal dinner Saturday night, and then Emily Prince is
getting hitched (actually the same day as Susie) and I’ll attend her wedding
Sunday night down in Richmond. It
was a bit tricky to figure out how to double dose these two weddings within an
hour of one another and in two cities three hours apart, so… I think this is a
good solution. I’m very much
looking forward to seeing the whole Samet crew and whoever else comes along
with that, and then a good showing of my VT Hokies at Em’s wedding. Gonna be some good times coming my way
I’m sure.
So considering the wedding events
are contained to two days, and I’m out east for seven in total (including
travel days, so not that long in
truth), I will catch some extra time to catchup with people.
Oh my goodness, “Girls Just Wanna
Have Fun” now. I think this is a
sign.
I have two friends from back home
who are preggers now, so I have some baby bumps to rub; I need to hit Target
and DSW in a serious way; probably getting some sunning (and sweating…hope it’s
not a XO repeat) in; some Nugget and family TLC; and then who knows what?! I’m excited. More soon…
And in other news, back on the
home front in Van. Jonny boy did
NOT have to get on a plane to England Wednesday, which is great news! He’s managed to pull some strings and
not have to get deported. He
laughed when I kept telling him it was his “Welcome to Canada” day, but in a
way, it was. The story continues
there, but for now I’ll focus on being back east and making the most of
catching up with all my lovelies and my family. My calm and smiles are returning. Been some testing times as of late.
![]() |
| Me at Randolph Rd. in the Okanagan (wine country BC...mmm mmm tasty, and how I spent my Canadian long weekend!) |



Hey lady, I passed by your city when I was going to Alaska. Vancouver is GORGEOUS! I have to return someday.
ReplyDeleteIn a world or craziness, I am now dating someone in BMore and making the constant commute there even though i don't work there anymore HA.
Yes, come back to Van for a visit!!
ReplyDelete