We enjoyed a fun-filled weekend, and got a lot of things accomplished too. But then Monday hit and it was back to work for me. My Mom jetted off to do touristy things around the city, including an extended visit in Granville Island's markets, and I drudged through a slow first day of mainly filling out mucho mucho HR paperwork. I did receive a surprise fax from Miss Alison Lacey late morning reading "Congrats! Your first day! Go get 'em tiger!" I'm certain the receptionist here got a chuckle out of that one. Thanks A :) Since I'm continuing with the same company and on the same project, my duties will be similar to my work in Baltimore, but it will be different in ways too. I'm still learning exactly how.
I headed home from work promptly at 5 PM to join my Mom again for our last night together. We used the rental car again and wound up at one of the top restaurants in town, and by accident! It's called "West", it's delicious, and it's conveniently next to a William Sonoma. Ginna--I tried to use your gift card, but they wouldn't accept it here since it was bought in the US. Bah-hum-bug! I'll make a point to use it next time I'm south of the border. I really had my eye on some pot holders :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

order stuff online liza lou & use that free money!
ReplyDelete