Friday, February 13, 2009

Week #1 down...

This morning in my first staff meeting here I was reminded about the extreme seismic zone in which I am now living--yikes! There's a small group in our office, who are trained for emergencies, and they discussed what to do if we were potentially stuck in the office for up to a week's time due to an earthquake. Hopefully this will never happen while I'm here, but I guess it's good to be informed. They suggest everyone prepare a personal emergency kit to keep at work, and I do think I'll stock up this weekend! Here are a couple pictures of the view from the office here. While the mountains are breath-taking, they contribute to this seismic zone--what can you do. Beautifully sunny and clear today, and expected to be that way for the weekend too...enjoy :)



I'd like to close this entry by extending my thoughts and prayers to all the families who lost loved ones in the horrible plane crash in Buffalo, NY last night. What a tragedy.

Much love to all of those close and dear to me.

love, liza

1 comment:

  1. wow, another office with beautiful view and to think I'm giving that up in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete