It's been awhile since I last reported back to you all on here. My apologies. I know I'm keeping my 12 followers in suspense! I suppose I haven't taken any fun pictures to inspire more blog entries, and that seems to be the most popular aspect of this whole thing! :) I have a few randoms that I'll include, but mainly I'll keep the pace and write a little something.
Here are a couple pics from a last minute ski trip up to a different mountain, Grouse Mountain, last Wednesday night (Chris & Josh, Me & Bridget)...
...and then a few shots down by the sea wall on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon with people all outside bustling about. When the weather is nice here, as it has been, everyone really takes advantage of it!
Ok, more stuff...
UPDATE: I finally have internet in my apartment now (YAY!), so I have constant access to Skype--find me "Liza Randolph"--very original, I know. If you don't have Skype check out http://www.skype.com/ and download it to your computer. It's a FREE online telephone system--amazing!
Since I last wrote, another work week, a weekend, and another work week has passed--sheww. Work is picking up speed for sure, which is good, and I'm attending more meetings, which is new and different (and good too) for me. Happy Birthday shout-outs to Morgan and Alison last week as well--hope you got my cards in time! Last weekend I went up "to the hill" as they say (meaning to the ski hill), Cypress, again. A group of us from work went up together, and it's really great fun that so many people from work are into these snow sports. Makes it easy and fun to get up there a lot if you have people to join you. I took snowboard lesson #2 and have learned to turn now! Still need much more practice, but in time. I'm going again this weekend, and people say by your 4th or 5th time you should feel quite comfortable out there. Here's hoping! I felt pretty bruised and abused after a very full day there last weekend.
Many people have asked about the people in my office, so here you have it...keeping in mind that some may have access to this blog now--can't tell all the secrets :)) There are about 50 people in this office overall and many are young, which makes it fun, as I've previously stated. Our office is also quite international. There are people from Colombia (Jorge next to me), Mexico (Laura behind me and Erika down the way), Philippines (Erlinda and Roger also down the way), and a multitude of other Asian countries. In fact, I've heard that the Asian population is the highest in the downtown Vancouver area. They don't call it "Hong-couver" for nothing. Seriously, I've only heard that a couple times, and I've also heard "Van-sterdam" for other reasons. Anyway, I'm easily a minority being an American here, but I enjoy having that reversed perspective.
Thus far, I've mostly hung out with work people, as they're the ones I know best and see most often. I am slowly meeting more people in my building, but many are older (thanks a lot Chris!). I met my next door neighbor the other night, who told me he's lived there since 1981! Very nice of course, just not who I'll be hanging out with on a regular Friday night :) I did also meet a younger girl closer to my age, Pam, the other night, as she was waiting for her ride up to the hill. Seriously, everybody snowboards/skis here!
I hope you all are doing well too! Lets Skype soon...
love, liza
Since I last wrote, another work week, a weekend, and another work week has passed--sheww. Work is picking up speed for sure, which is good, and I'm attending more meetings, which is new and different (and good too) for me. Happy Birthday shout-outs to Morgan and Alison last week as well--hope you got my cards in time! Last weekend I went up "to the hill" as they say (meaning to the ski hill), Cypress, again. A group of us from work went up together, and it's really great fun that so many people from work are into these snow sports. Makes it easy and fun to get up there a lot if you have people to join you. I took snowboard lesson #2 and have learned to turn now! Still need much more practice, but in time. I'm going again this weekend, and people say by your 4th or 5th time you should feel quite comfortable out there. Here's hoping! I felt pretty bruised and abused after a very full day there last weekend.
Many people have asked about the people in my office, so here you have it...keeping in mind that some may have access to this blog now--can't tell all the secrets :)) There are about 50 people in this office overall and many are young, which makes it fun, as I've previously stated. Our office is also quite international. There are people from Colombia (Jorge next to me), Mexico (Laura behind me and Erika down the way), Philippines (Erlinda and Roger also down the way), and a multitude of other Asian countries. In fact, I've heard that the Asian population is the highest in the downtown Vancouver area. They don't call it "Hong-couver" for nothing. Seriously, I've only heard that a couple times, and I've also heard "Van-sterdam" for other reasons. Anyway, I'm easily a minority being an American here, but I enjoy having that reversed perspective.
Thus far, I've mostly hung out with work people, as they're the ones I know best and see most often. I am slowly meeting more people in my building, but many are older (thanks a lot Chris!). I met my next door neighbor the other night, who told me he's lived there since 1981! Very nice of course, just not who I'll be hanging out with on a regular Friday night :) I did also meet a younger girl closer to my age, Pam, the other night, as she was waiting for her ride up to the hill. Seriously, everybody snowboards/skis here!
I hope you all are doing well too! Lets Skype soon...
love, liza

No comments:
Post a Comment